“All of the sudden, we began to ask ourselves what is important. And what became very clear to us is that we needed a community that was going to help support and raise our child in the faith. It became apparent that we were not going to get that without sending them to a Catholic school.”
“There is no investment more worthy of our resources than the education of our children. Knowing that our daughter is receiving an education that values her as a whole person makes the sacrifice of tuition worthy and the involvement in the St. Michael community worthwhile.”
A St. Michael Education • By the Numbers
SMA is committed to making Catholic education affordable for all families.
In the 2019-2020 school year, there is about a 30% difference between the actual cost of education and current student tuition.
This amount is covered by subsidies raised by the SMA Advancement Office.
In addition to the advancement subsidy, 82% of SMA students receive some sort of financial assistance.
Of those who applied for financial aid for the 2018-2019 school year, the average family received $1,280 in additional financial aid.
Families have the ability to split up tuition payments into as many as 12 payments per year. The average monthly tuition payment for tuition is $605.
About our Tuition
St. Michael the Archangel Catholic High School is committed to providing outstanding resources, faculty, academic programs, technology, facilities, and faith formation to the students and families in our community. Being good stewards of the financial resources entrusted to our school community by our families and generous donors is a top priority.
|Average cost to educate an SMA student**||
|Tuition for 2019-2020 school year:||$9,995|
|Tuition for a registered member of a KC-SJ Parish:||$9,295|
|Registration Fee (per student)||$350|
**All SMA students pay a subsidized tuition price that is $2,430-$3,130 less than the cost to educate a student due to the generosity and benevolence of SMA supporters and benefactors.
The 2019-2020 tuition price incorporates certain student fees which were individually collected in previous years. These fees included such items as: technology software/licensing, retreat expenses, and other on-campus activities. This new billing structure will allow our families to have a one-time tuition price assessed. The increase also reflects a rise to account for typical annual increase in educational costs. Remaining additional charges for the 2019-2020 school year may include the purchase of a MacBook for new students only (price will vary • model numbers HERE) and Testing Fees for AP or dual enrollment courses.
Diocesan Employee Grant (per family • $1000
• Awarded to families whose parents are full-time Diocesan employees
Legacy Grant • $500
• Awarded to parent alumni of Archbishop O’Hara or St. Mary’s (per family)
Multiple Student Grant • $500
• For families with two students attending SMA
Total tuition for families with three or more students attending SMA:
• Registered KC-SJ Parish Family • $18,590
• Non-KC-SJ Parish Family • $19,990
Tuition Payment Plan
Families may establish a payment plan and make scheduled payments through FACTS Tuition®, our tuition management provider. FACTS will allow for tuition payments to be scheduled to be paid at the following monthly rates on the 5th or the 20th of each month:
- Twelve Month: June 2019 through May 2020
- Ten Month: Payments due July 2019 through April 2020
- Quarterly: Payments due July 2019, October 2019, January 2020, and April 2020
- Semi-Annual: Two equal payments due July 2019 and December 2019 ($50 discount per family)
- Annual: One payment due July 2019 ($100 Discount per family)
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Financial Aid Applications must be completed electronically through FACTS Tuition® which is available HERE.
Each family’s financial situation is reviewed and financial assistance is provided based on need relative to the rest of our community’s need.
- For current students, current school year tuition must be up to date in order for a family to receive a financial aid award.
- The maximum amount of tuition assistance that is available is 60% of the current tuition.
- There is no guarantee that an application will result in financial aid. A consistent objective formula is used based on information provided to us by an independent agency where all prospective applications are completed. This allows SMA to most responsibly and effectively award tuition assistance to our families.
Academic scholarships are available to incoming freshmen students who have taken the High School Placement Test with St. Michael the Archangel and have achieved the following scores:
- President’s Scholarship of $1000 • Awarded to the student that scores highest on the HSPT with SMA for the 2019-2020 school year
- Principal’s Scholarship of $500 • Awarded to the remaining students who have achieved a composite score in the 95th percentile or higher with SMA for the 2019-2020 school year
Additional scholarships are available through the benevolence of SMA donors and benefactors to students who have completed the corresponding scholarship application online at smacatholic.org/scholarships by February 1st, 2019. Current school year tuition must be up to date for students to be considered for scholarships for the upcoming school year.
Click HERE to discuss tuition payment with a representative from SMA
or call 816.763.4800